We are moving forward
Sustainability is and has always been at the heart of our business here at Nic. We are striving to do our best for our planet and are highly committed to contributing to solving the global environmental challenges.
UN Sustainable Development Goal 12 is key to Nic’s sustainability work.
We use renewable energy
Our energy consumption is reducing through best practise, and we are in the process of implementing a growing number of energy efficient projects across our business.
- Reduce our energy usage by 30% by 2025.
- To source our energy from a 100% renewable source.
We are not travelling as much
We are reviewing our transport fleet system to ensure that we utilise our loads and consolidate to the best of our ability. We have a responsibility to manage our fleet of vehicles to ensure we are reducing CO2 emissions.
- Reduce our CO2 emissions by travelling less miles.
- We are inputting an organised fleet system to utilise routes and backhauling opportunities.
We utilise our virtual platform
- Reduce our travelling and in turn our CO2 emissions.
Our company cars are moving towards electric/hybrid cars
- To ensure that our company cars are hybrid or battery electric vehicles in line with the country’s infrastructure.
We are always striving to be ahead with innovation and select appropriate packaging
- 100% of packaging by 2025 are to be reusable or recyclable.
- 75% of packaging by 2025 to be based on recycled or renewable materials.
- 50% of plastic packaging to be based on recycled or renewable materials.